Monday 28 January 2013

My Hearts A Flutter!


Howdy Sminkers!

As promised I'm back to show you some more goodies from the Seasonal Catalogue (starting on 1st February) which I had at my Launch Party yesterday.

With Valentine's Day only a couple of weeks away, I decided that the Launch Party make and take should follow that theme, and it would be the perfect opportunity to show case a gorgeous new stamp set called Hearts a Flutter. Now the beauty of this stamp set is it also has matching framelits (Yay!!) so it makes putting together a card or project super easy. Then about a week ago, I saw this gorgeous card on Pinterest by Allison Ohran and thought it was just perfect so decided to CASE it.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term CASE it basically means to copy someone else's design. I have heard two versions of it, Copy And Share Everything plus Copy And Selectively Edit. Regardless of which version you use, if you do CASE a card and then share it on a blog or Facebook, it is always polite to give credit to the original designer. With that in mind click here if you would like to see Allison's card. 

For my make and take I changed it ever so slightly, just to try and make it a bit more masculine as I knew most of my girls would be giving it to their hubby's. The great thing about this card is it doesn't have to be specifically used for Valentine's Day and would also be suitable for an anniversary or just to say 'I Love You". So here is the card we made yesterday.


While I was playing with the Hearts a Flutter stamp set and framelits, I thought I would also replicate the card I saw in the Seasonal Catalogue. I did change it slightly but unfortunately you will have to wait until the Catalogue starts before you can see Stampin' Up!'s version. Until then here's mine.

 
So what do you think? Can you tell I'm a bit in love with the honeycomb embossing folder? On both cards I have also used the new colours of Coredinations cardstock, Pool Party and Primrose Petals. This cardstock is fabulous in that it isn't the same colour all the way through so by embossing it then giving it a light sand you can make the design really "pop" and give it a totally different look.

I also pinched another idea from the Seasonal Catalogue being a banner they had displayed on a photo frame. I couldn't find a frame in a similar colour so I decided to just put mine on a frame I had made up a few months back which has a Stampin' Up! logo on it to use for displays.

 
I can definitely see myself using this set heaps, in particular the little banners. These would look great on alot of different cards and projects. If you would like a copy of the new Seasonal Catalogue please contact me and I can arrange to drop one off or pop one in the post.

A big THANK YOU to all the lovely ladies who came along to the Launch Party yesterday and got their craft on. It was heaps of fun catching up with you all and I just can't wait to do it again soon. Congratulations to Laurilee and Sarah who won the door prizes and Joanne who won the online competition. I hope you love playing with your new toys.

Marsha xx


Recipe:
Stamps -  Hearts a Flutter*, Pennant Parade, Delightful Dozen
Cardstock - Pool Party and Primrose Petals Coredinations*, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Inks - Pool Party, Primrose Petals, Basic Gray
Accessories - Hearts a Flutter Framelits*, Silver Glimmer Paper, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Jewellery Tag Punch, Small Heart Punch, More Amore Designer Series Paper*, Silver Basics Designer Buttons*, Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, SNAIL adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots.

* Items available from 1st February 2013


1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys just to let you know I have had to link you to Allison's card through Pinterest due to a malware warning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Marsha xx

    ReplyDelete