Sunday 27 January 2013

Sneak Peek from Seasonal Catalogue - Swallowtail


Hi Sminkers....

Sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday, time just got away from me. I really hope you all had a wonderful Australia Day and spent it celebrating with your loved ones. We are really lucky to live in such an awesome country!

So anyway the other night I set about playing with a new butterfly stamp which is in the Seasonal Catalogue starting on February 1st. I love anything to do with butterflies, so was super excited when I saw this one. I did however under estimate the size of this beauty. I just love how it makes such a statement though and you really need very little else on the card apart from a sentiment.

When I set about making this card I had a friend in mind who also likes butterflies and Island Indigo from the 2011-2013 In Colour family. So I made another card slightly different which I will give to her when her birthday rolls around in a couple of months time. I won't post a picture of that one as I want to keep an element of surprise but below is the one I made for my Launch Party display. I inked up the stamp in Versamark and then in Island Indigo to enable it to stay wetter longer once stamped onto the cardstock. I then applied some Iridescent Ice embossing powder and hit it with the heat tool to add some sparkle. I just love how it wraps around the card and can't wait to experiment with different colours and layouts. What do you think? I would love to hear your comments. I will post some more sneak peek pictures of products from the Seasonal Catalogue in my post tomorrow. Until then enjoy the rest of your three day weekend!

Marsha xx





Recipe:

Stamps -  Swallowtail*, Petite Pairs
Cardstock - Island Indigo, Whisper White
Inks - Island Indigo, Versamark
Accessories - Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button in Pool Party,  Island Indigo Bakers Twine, Dazzling Diamonds, SNAIL adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots
* Items available from 1st February 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment